The NISCt databases, for which UJ Library subscribes have become a part of the EbscoHost databases.
They are all Bibliographic databases, but in combination with EbscoHost – Academic Search Premier, for example, some results will have the full-text.
Click on any of the databases below to access an Alphabetical list of all EbscoHost databases. You can search them individually or select multiple databases. Africa-Wide: Nipad & Water Resources WorldWide are very important databases for Sciences users.
- Africa-Wide: Nipad (Africa-Wide: NiPAD, produced by NISC South Africa, combines databases to form a multidisciplinary aggregation offering unique and extensive coverage of all facets of Africa and African studies. Included in this aggregation are 40 bibliographic databases from around the world, including Nexus (Current & Completed Research), Index to South African Periodicals, IBISCUS, the Africa Institute Database, African Journal Online, Media Africa, and NAMLIT, which is compiled from the National Library of Namibia. With over 2.4 million citations and abstracts dating back to the 16thcentury, this resource is essential for those with an interest in African research, and information on and about Africa)
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide
- Women’s Studies International
- Water Resources WorldWide (Water Resources Worldwide, produced by NISC, combines databases on all facets of international and African water research. Included in the aggregation are six of the world’s major water resource databases: WATERLIT, The Freshwater Biological Association Catalogue(FBA), The International Water Management Institute Database(IWMI), AQUAREF, AQUIRE, and Delft Hydro Database. With over 800 000 citations and abstracts dating back to the 1970s, this resource is essential for those dealing with all aspects of water and water-related subjects)
If you are Science user at Kingsway Campus and you need training on how to search the databases, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org